Step 3 : Design forms
- 1.Name the form "Item master"
- 2.Make this form a master form. Click here to learn how to make a form as a master to other forms.
- 3.Add fields as mentioned in the below table. Learn more on how to add fields in a form
- 4.Learn how to Apply Auto-generated value in a field. To generate below mentioned Item IDs select.
- Type: Sequence
- Prefix: #ITM-
- Length of the sequence: 3
- When this sequence should be reset?: Never
Leave suffix empty
5. Once, you've finished adding the fields click on "create form". Voila your item master is ready
- 1.Click on "Add a new form" in the action pane of the group
- 2.Name the form "reimbursement form"
- 3.Apply the "Item master" created above as a master to this form. Learn how to apply a master form
- 4.Add the fields as mentioned in the below table.
- 5.Apply the user profile settings on the following fields. Learn how to apply user profile settings
- Name of the Employee
- Email of the employee
- Phone number of the employee
- 6.Enable the values in "Name of item" to be shown as a dropdown via the item master form. Learn how to link fields from the master form.
- Map "name of the item" to "item name" in the "item master" and enable "Allow users to search and populate master values from this field" toggle
- 7.Map the following fields in this form with "item master" form
- Item Id
- Item description
- Unit Price
- 8.Disallow users to values in the following fields. Mark the following fields as "read only" Learn how to maintain the state of the form fields
- 9.Apply a formula on the field " Total Amount" = "Quantity" * "Unit price" Learn how to apply formulas on the form fields.
- 10.Add a status field and add the relevant values.
Congratulations! you have created the data collection layer of your form successfully. Now to test your forms
- Add an entry to item master and try to see if you can use this in your reimbursement form
Your forms should look like these below forms
- Sample item master form
- Sample Reimbursement form